Friday, January 30, 2009

I am very far from being Christian. I have no particular religious beliefs myself, and was raised Jewish. So it amuses me that I am so fascinated and that I love crosses. Particularly old victorian gothic crosses, they are so beautiful to me. The intricate designs, the bold colors, just beautiful!
I realy enjoy making them myself. The wire wrapping is almost soothing, I love wrapping a straight piece of wire
A challenge I posed to myself was to make one that if I was religous, that I wouldn't mind wearing myself. So that meant SMALL. All of the jewelry I wear myself is small and dainty. I also figured that this would be a great way to use up some of the shorter pieces of wire in my scrap bin. The result was a realy cute tiny cross, about the size of a quarter. If I was religious I would definately wear this myself.

No comments: