Thursday, January 29, 2009

Valentine Challenge

The wonderful website jewelrylessons.com had a great challenge for Valentines day. I thought this would be perfect for me since many of my designs have hearts in them (that's what inspired the name Heart to Hearts). Luckily there was no limit to how many pieces we could submit, I don't think I would ever be able to narrow it down to just one. Here is what I came up with

Lace Heart Earrings
I love the look of adding the chain to the outer edge. To me it makes it feel like lace. This was my first attempt at adding chain like this and it was a bit of a challenge, it took me quite a few tries to get it to look right




Double Heart Earrings
What's a Valentine design withought some beautiful reds? Garnet is quickly becomming my favorite stone, the dark rich red is so beautiful to me. Two hearts come together in these earrings to form one beautiful design, the perfect symbol of love


Filigree Heart Earrings
These actualy started as something completely different. I made the basic heart frames a while ago and they were sitting around waiting for some more inspiration. The S components were left over from another project and seemed to fit nicely with the hearts. And of course some lovely garnet


Swirly Heart Pendant
I didn't want to make them all earrings :)
My intention with this was actualy just to make the teardrop frame with just the heart in it, very simple. But when it was done I felt like it needed something more to it.

No comments: