Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another passion

Asside from jewelry making, another passion of mine is reading Tarot Cards. It all started in college. My roommate was into it, but I wasn't. She offered to give me a reading. I didn't believe in it but agreed to it anyway slightly curious. The reading she gave me was so accurate that it actualy scared me. It also peaked my interest. After that I started reading about it and bought a deck of my own. Now I have several decks and many books on the subject. I use mostly one deck for reading, but I love the artwork on many decks and collect the ones that speak to me.
My main deck that I use most often is the Fantasitcal Tarot by Nathalie Hertz. The colors are very rich and very dark. They have a beautiful gold frame which gives them an elegant look. These cards have given me the most acurate readings and feel the most comfortable to me. There is a familiarity to them, we have a connection.
I have another deck by the same artist, the Vampire Tarot. They obviously have a similar style to the Fantastical deck. My favorite thing about this one is the eyes. They feel like they're looking back at you
The very first deck I bought was the Dragon Tarot. This was my primary deck for a while until I found my current deck. The funny thing about this one is that my husband has the same deck, he had it before we even met. He is very good at reading this one, so accurate
Last October we went to Salem MA. Around every corner there were stores selling tarot cards. I saw in one store the Gothic Tarot. I fell in love with it. It's very dark, but so beautiful. I didn't buy it right away. But after seeing in in several stores and admiring the deck in each store, I finaly bought it and am so glad I did. There is also a book of the artwork in these cards that is truly amazing.
I have my eye on some more decks. Eventualy I would like to buy more. The Bohemian Gothic Tarot, The Favole Tarot, Faerie Tarot, The Gilded Tarot...just some of the ones I would like to buy in the future


No comments: