Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow!

This was the most snow we've had all winter. When I woke up for work there was almost a foot on the ground. So I decided not to go to work. Hubby shoveled the drive way but he did go to work. He's only been on this job for a bout a week so we figured he better brave the icy roads and show his commitment to the new job

Peanut has definitely been happy to have me home today, she hasn't left my side all day. I feel a little sorry for her now, she's alone most of the day until I get home from work now and I think she gets lonely. When I come home she's more affectionate than she's ever been and won't leave my side until I go to bed

I did work on one of my sketches. I'm quite happy with how it came out. The open space was a challenge for me, my natural instinct was to fill it with some swirls or beads. My two favorite stones, garnet and amethyst. I love the purple and deep red color combination

2 comments:

Kathleen, a Glass Artist said...

These are just gorgeous! You have picked my two favorite stones too!!! Garnet is my birth stone and well, I just love purple so amethyst is a must. You have a wonderful eye for jewelry design.

Hearttohearts said...

thank you!

my birthstone is a diamond...but I don't think that's something I could work with LOL plus I think it's kind of boring. I love stones with bold color, that's why amethyst and garnet are my favorites