Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Something complex

This was the most complex thing I have created up to date. The wrapping in the center was done and redone many times. Each of the arms was measured bent, measured again, rebent sometimes broken and started anew. I gave up on it twice. But I'm glad I finished it. It came out pretty big though, it would be a big bold piece to wear. Now that I have the technique figured out, I might try to make a smaller one.

I realy don't know why I like making crosses so much, I'm not even Christian. But I think they're beautiful.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful, so intricate and delicate (and well worth the effort you put in, I think)! I particularly love all the little swirled-loops that frame each arm of the cross.

ContainsCaffeine said...

Stunning. It reminds me of the god's eyes I used to make as a kid, but 5 billion times chicer.

Hearttohearts said...

Thank you Kathleen, and containscaffeine!!!!! The swirls on the arm drove me crazy getting them all the same size.

Mellisa - Chinook Jewelry said...

This just turned out beautifully- I'm sure someone will be drawn to it as soon as they lay eyes on it!