Saturday, May 9, 2009

I've got an appetite for apatite

When I first ordered these oval apatite beads I was totaly and completely in love with them. They were such a beautiful shade of blue that I had to have them. However, when they arrived they were a completely different color, much more green and less intense. But I still realy like them. I had to change my plans for them though. I had planned to combine them with some lovely little green peridot beads I had thinking that the bright blue and green would go realy great together. But sine they are more green, when I paired them with the peridot I didn't like how they looked. They did look close to the aventurine drops that I had however. I also added tiny bluer apatite beads. The earrings have a nice antique look to them I think


4 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

These are very beautiful Sophie. Another lovely pair of earrings.

Hearttohearts said...

thanks Kathleen :)

Yvonne said...

Your jewellery is stunning.. what you have done with the wire is amazing.. a real inspiration!

I will be back

Hearttohearts said...

thank you very much Yvonne :)