Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lemon Drops

I've had these beautiful golden yellow citrine beads for a while and I haven't been too sure what to do with them. I knew I wanted to make something with them that would be great for summer, the color reminds me of bright sunshine. I had previously made a maching set and I realy liked it so I knew I wanted to make another one.
What I had a hard time with was these TINY pearls. They're only about 1mm and so hard to work with. They're so tiny that I would get one side of the wire wrapped on and while wrapping the other side the pearl would shatter. I'm not 100% sure that they're working in these, they kind of dissapear. I'm thinking about replacing them with my plain 2mm silver beads. Right now I'm wishing I had some 2mm pearls

2 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Well your patience in creating these definitely paid off! You have some beautiful new things in your Etsy shop too.

Love the colors, definitely summery!

Hearttohearts said...

Thank you so much Kathleen! The colors of spring and summer have definately been inspiring