Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Colors

I made several pairs of earrings using the thread weaving technique I just learned. I'm loving it! It's so much fun to make and I love exploring all the different color combinations. Next I'm going to try different frame shapes to see how the thread weaving changes in each new shape. But need more supplies first. It's felt good to get my hands back on my wire too. I haven't really used it since we moved. I didn't realize how little I have left right now, need to order more.
The kitties have greatly enjoyed having lots of thread around. If I don't wrap a spool up quickly, it gets knocked to the floor and batted around and I have to go chasing them for it.

7 comments:

House of Willow said...

They are stunning, i've bookmarked you

Chrisy said...

Just beautiful...and I can also see this technique on pins and pendants...

Knot By Gran'ma said...

I really love your color combinations. They're beautiful.

Barbara said...

lovely earrings

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Those are so beautiful! The colors you used look great!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

These are GREAT! Love the colors; fun earrings.

Hearttohearts said...

thank you so much everyone!