Thursday, August 13, 2009

Feelin' Blue

For as long as I can remember I have been in love with cobalt glass. Whenever I went to a store with my parents I'd always stare at all the dark blue cobalt dishes and glasses and think how beautiful they were. When I got married and we went to buy our own dishes my husband told me "I know it's kind of weird, but do you think we could get the cobalt dishes? I've always loved them" This is one of the many many reasons I know this man is my soul mate. So now we collect cobalt items. We have our dish sets, drinking glasses, wine glasses, cookie jars, canisters, butter dishes, even our silverware has cobalt handles



Yesterday I bought a cobalt item on Etsy, and I can't wait to get it. It's going up on the wall I think....I think I want to get a second smaller one too to hand next to it. I love what this seller does. Check out the shop, it's so creative what they do with these wine bottles MintyFreshFusions




So this was the inspiration for today's features......COBALT GLASS





Cobalt Blue Martini Glasses with Etched Stars by LizAvalon




Cobalt Blue Sea Glass / Silver Pendant by SamArtSamRocks I love sea glass, and the wire wrapping on this is fantastic!

Outer Space Retro Rocketship UFO Cobalt Pint Glasses by zephyrsart

Cobalt Blue Simple Glass Sterling Silver Wirewrapped Earrings by nicholasandfelice

2 comments:

Photos by Rosie said...

wow, what striking colours, I can see why you collect it. The earrings in the last photo are gorgeous.

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Oh yes, I'm also a big fan of such a shade of blue. Love those last earrings.
Kristin :)