Monday, August 3, 2009

The fruits of our labor


S1035863
Originally uploaded by Heart to Heart
The day after we got the keys to our new apartment, hubbs ran out to Home Depot and bought a bunch of flowers and things to plant. He loves plants but we don't keep any inside beause the cats always nibble on them and many houseplants are toxic to kitties. So when we moved and our apartment had this great big deck planting flowers was the first thing he wanted to do. Of course I'm not allowed to go anywhere near them, as I am the one who killed bamboo (I swear it had water) and a cactus. The only thing I insisted on having was a little tomato plant. We found a nice one, it was on the big side, came in a nice planter and even had a frame included for it to climb up. And it had a bunch of little green tomatoes already on it. So for weeks I waited and waited. And one day there they were, red and ready to be picked! We were like little kids picking them. After a thourough washing they were eaten my favorite way, sliced up with just a pinch of salt. YUMMY!

2 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Mine died an early death. Congrats on yours though! They are gorgeous!

Hearttohearts said...

I can't say that ours is thriving. The leaves are starting to turn yellow and as you can see in the pictures some of them have dried up.