Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new obsession

This is my brand new obsession. I saw a pair of earrings with this thread weaving and I just fell head over heels in love with it. I love the colors, the different combinations, the look, everything about it. This was my first attempt at making one myself. It's not the best but I learned a lot making it. I can see where I will have trouble, that is where the thread starts and stops. This particular color combination I'm calling peacock, because it looks like a peacock feather to me. As of right now there's just one so it is a pendant. I'll probably make a second one tonight to practice the technique more and then call it earrings. I just love these! I can use so many different colors!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

absolutely gorgeous!!! x

Curtis Collectables :) said...

Wow, that looks beautiful. Looks hard to make too. From a crafty point of view.

Hearttohearts said...

oh yes, it's incredibly difficult and time consuming and....ok I probably souldn't say this, but it's actually kind of easy, and SO MUCH fun ;)