Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No hunny that's not how it works, part II


The other day hubbs was home late from work. Now I have to give him credit, he DID call and tell me that he was going to be late. BUT he called and told me at the time that he should have been home. So there I am, I have dinner all hot and steamy and ready to go, and he calls and says he's going to be late. Yes hunny, thank you for calling, but I already know that you're going to be late since you're not here. It doesn't do me much good if I already made dinner does it? I can't seem to get him to understand that he should call and let me know at the time that he normally leaves so I know not to start dinner.

Ahhh men, can't live with them......but somebody's gotta open those pickle jars

This one is just a huge pet peeve of mine. Punctuality is very important to me. I think there's nothing more rude than being late to something without calling ahead...especially when there are people waiting for you and especialy if someone is waiting for you with food. In this day and age where everyone has a cell phone, there's just no excuse to be late. To me, walking in more than 5 minutes late says "I don't care about you at all, being here is a waste of my time, I'd rather be somewhere else" What really drives me batty is when people don't CARE that they're late. Sure shit happens and sometimes being late is unavoidable. But most people come in apologizing and feel bad about it.
And to me, kids are NOT an excuse for being late. Unless you brought the baby home yesterday, you know what to expect, you know how long it takes you to get your kids ready, so start earlier.

No comments: