Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Opinions please

I've set a goal for myself to put many more items in my etsy shop, and to have a variety....earrings, necklaces, bracelets and maybe even some other things. I'd also like to have items of different prices also, including some innexpensive simpler items. I've been working on some simpler bracelets, and made some simple earrings as well. It's been fun. I have new heavy gave wire on order, and as soon as that arrives I have an idea for a wrapped filligree pendant that I've been thinking about for quite some time. And there's a funny story as to what my inspiration for it was....but more to come on that later
As part of my goal of having a variety, I've been exploring making some jewelry out of alternative materials, like the soda tabs I've been working with. In working with the soda tabs I've come to greatly enjoy crocheting again. So I've been thinking about someway to incorprate crochet with jewelry. Here's my first attempt. I don't know if I should make a second one and call it a pair of earrings, or keep it as one and call it a pendant. Or if the idea itself doesn't even work. What do you think?

2 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

It's pretty Sophie and another example of your skill. For me I really like your wire wraps much better....they have an elegant quality to them. Experimentation is good; I just really love your wire work. I wore the amethyst and pearl earrings this week and felt really special. :)

Hearttohearts said...

Thank you Kathleen. I'm very happy you love the earrings, it's good to hear that :)

More wire wrap is coming...I'm expecting a shipment of wire any day now