Friday, August 14, 2009

Poor little baby

Yesterday Kara had an appointment at the vet to get her boosers and a rabies shot. Well she didn't get any of those. We had noticed the night before that her left eye was very red and puffy and had distarge. And she was pawing at it a lot. Luckly we already had the vet appointment scheduled. When we got there the vet took one look at her and said she had tons of ear mites. This is pretty common among animals from shelters. So we have to give her drops three times a day for 21 days. Then the vet looked at her eye and thought she had a scratch so she did a dye test. Turns out her left eye has TWO scratches and her right eye has a scratch. So we have to put ointment in her eyes twice a day and I'm bringing her back in a few days to follow up on her eyes. After going through all that and having blood drawn, the vet decided that getting the shots would be too much stress for the poor baby.
But everybody in the office kept commenting about how beautiful her diamonds were. My pretty little girl

Today after already getting drops four times and ointment four times she is worn out. I took a day off of work today and she has just been asleep on me all day. I had planned on getting a lot of crafting done (and yeah I guess some cleaning and unpacking) but I've just been sitting enjoying the new premium cable channels we just orderd and the sleepy purring kitty on my chest. And I've been snapping random cute pictures of her all day






4 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Well Sophie, it looks like you had a very nice day with your new kitty after all the things she had to endure after the vet visit. I so enjoy spending the day with my fur kids. Hope she feels better soon!

Peldyn said...

Aww your kitten is adorable!

Nina Estrella said...

Love that up close paw photo! Hope she feels better soon. She is so adorable.

http://ninascd.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

very sweet! i love cats