Monday, August 17, 2009

Productive weekend

As I mentioned in an earlier post we were thinking of painting our dining room. We had some reservations since we're in a rental and any painting would have to be repainted the original color when we move out. But we love the place and it's big enought that we can be there for years to come even when we have kids. So we took the plunge and painted. We've always talked about our dream dining room being a dark red with white trim. Well we did it! I absolutely love it. Or course the only thing I can see right now are all the spots that need to be touched up and we used every last drop of the two gallons that we got. I'm going to have to get a small can for touch ups. But I love it!!

here is the before:


And here is the after:

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

Oh my I'm totally in awe of your weekend's work! Well done...and the room has such character now...you should be so proud!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Looks beautiful! Well done.