Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jersey Fresh


One of the thing my state is famous for is Jersey tomatoes. Today I tasted them at their best. Just down the road from my complex is a farmer's market. I pass it every day on the way to work and I always think to myself that one day I'd like to stop in to see what they have. Today I finaly did. I was having a craving for a tomato sandwich and I wanted to see what kind they had. They had so many different kinds, kinds I've never seen before, colors I've never seen before (tomatoes come in colors other than red, who knew) I picked up three heirloom tomatoes to taste. I have to say that these tomatoes were the ugliest and most expensive tomatoes that I've ever bought. But...man o man were they tasty!!!! I've experienced such tomato flavor. FANTASTIC!!

2 comments:

whimsicalpam said...

I love your blog title and as a fellow Jerseyian, I am in complete understanding with the tomato thing. I have a farm right up the street - I'm like a little kid at Christmas when the tomatos are ready! Love, love, love them!!!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Nothing better than fresh tomatoes.

Love your revamp of your blog too.