Wednesday, October 14, 2009

VAMPIRES


This might be an unusual post for a blog like this, but this is one of my passions in life.....


This past weekend we bought this beautiful book. I'm such a huge fan of vampires. And trust me this was years before all the Twilight hype. Though I read Twilight when it first came out, long before all the hype for it. I actually like the books....ALL of them (The Host is very good too). There is one aspect to those books that I'm not a huge fan of, but that's just part of their vampire "rules" their mythology. That is, that there is no negative consequences to being a vampire. Being a vampire in that universe means that you don't have to eat from humans, you're beautiful, strong, smart, rich, and don't even have to avoid sunlight. So why NOT be a vampire. I think I prefer my vampires with a little danger to them.


My favorite part about reading about vampires is learning about their mythology in each universe, their "rules" who can or can't go to sunlight, who can or can't touch a cross, and how they came into being etc. I have a bookcase in our spar bedroom that is just devoted to my vampire collection.


I'm also a huge fan of Buffy and Angel, we have the dvds and are waching Angel now. I love the mythology presented in those shows. A vampire is a demon, not something you want to be, something that is evil

3 comments:

paperhill said...

i loved the twilight series!

EtsyFoodSnob said...

Also a bit obsessed with vampires and it all started thanks to Buffy about 10 years ago :) I still watch the entire show every summer on DVD!

S. said...

I am a huge Vampire Chronicles - Anne Rice - fan. love them all and believe me, i share the same beliefs about vampires. And I like your work a lot :P
www.sonjarlette.com