Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I made it myself

In my last entry I talked about getting an every day ring. I've never done it before but I actually made one! I like how it came out. Amethyst which is my favorite, silver, and it's slim so it's great for every day.

The only trouble I was having was with the size. I actually already had a ring mandrel with different sizes on it. At first I started off making the ring the exact size I thought I needed, but then when I was done it was way too tiny. It took a couple of trials and a lot of wire but I got it to where I can wear it, though it is a tiny bit too big for the finger I want it on.

My concern with a wire ring ws that it wouldn't be strong enough to keep it's shape with wear, but so far it's been a couple of days and it's still round, and comfortable.

I've been thinking of posting some rings in the shop but I really think it would be tricky with the wide range in sizes.

1 comment:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

This is really pretty Sophie. I love how delicate looking and feminine it is.

I agree, I think rings would be tricky to post for sale in a variety of sizes. Probably best to offer custom made ones for a specific size of the person requesting it.