Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weigh in Wednesday

Last night hubbs and I did something unusual....we had fish for dinner. That's right! As much as we both love sushi, we both are not fans of cooked fish. But we're both trying to get healthier so we decided to give it a try, and salmon was on sale. I got a fillet big enough for two, put it in a baking dish skin side down, covered the top of it with thin slices of lemon and onion, a little sprinkle of salt, and a few small dots of butter and baked it until it was flaky, about 15 minutes. And you know what, it was GOOD! Even hubbs liked it!

We had a huge bowl of salad as a side with one of my favorite dressings a balsamic vinaigrette with a splash of soy sauce. I know it sounds a bit weird, but it's so tasty!


Weigh in Wednesday week1 results: -4 pounds -6 total

3 comments:

April said...

i'm always excited to hear about people trying new things and trying to be healthier... YAY YOU!!

I used to not eat fish at all... but now I eat salmon all the time.

Then I Got Fat said...

Ooh, we just did a salad with a salmon patty the other day, it was fantastic!

Stephanie said...

Ive never thought to add soy sauce to a vinegar dressing.. i want to try it now