Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weigh in Wednesday



Earlier this week I was going through my wallet and found an Applebees gift card for $15. After going online and checking the balance, and discovering that it still had $15 on it hubbs and I decided to go out for dinner. I'd been wanting to try something from their under 550 calorie menu.

I ordered the Asiago Peppercorn Steak. And it was surprisingly good! A smaller portion than most restaurant portions, but that's a good thing, and the average plate should really feed two people. It came with a good sized piece of steak, some delicious potatoes, and some bland steamed veggies. The steak was acutally bigger than I was expecting and was absolutely delicious. It was perfectly rare in side, tender and juicy.

So it's nice to know that if friends want to go out to eat I can suggest Applebees, and order this and not blow everything, plus nobody will really know you've ordered something "diet".







Weigh in Wednesday week2 results: -2 pounds -8 total
I'm a little dissapointed with this week's loss, but I did have a bit of a gain on Monday. Hopefully I'll do a little better for next week

2 comments:

Then I Got Fat said...

Congrats on the loss! Any loss is a good loss. :)

kziegler said...

Nice! I've always wondered if their 550 calorie menu was good or not