Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Weigh in Wednesday

One of the hardest things for me to give up on a diet is salty snacks. I honestly would be fine never eating a piece of chocolate again, but I need to have some chips. I discovered an amazing alternative, that is really tasty too


Baked Veggie Chips

They're so easy and so good, all you need is a bunch of different root veggies, like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, etc.


To make them, clean and peel your veggies, and slice them all very thin. Lay the slices out on a paper towel and sprinkle them with some salt. Let them sit for 2o minutes or so. This draws out a lot of their moisture and that's what makes them crispy. After 20 minutes rinse them off in cold water and dry them very well. There are two ways you can cook them, either in the microwave or in the oven.


Microwave:
Rub a microwave safe plate lightly with oil and arrange the chips in a single layer. Spray lightly with oil. Microwave on high for 6 minutes.


Oven:
Lightly coat a cookie sheet with oil and arrange the chips in a single layer. Spray lightly with oil. Bake on 250 for one hour.


With either method the chips will continue to crips as they cool, so give them 20 minutes or so before you eat them






Weigh in Wednesday results: -3.2 pounds -9.2 total

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Awesome weigh in! Love the baked veggie chip idea! I'm really going to have to try that. I usually go reduced fat pringles but these sound yummy!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your loss!

I'm the same way.. I looove salty and vinegary and savory. I could give up sweets easily (even though I have a baking blog)

I'll be trying this recipe for sure!

315thomas said...

yum, those sound delicious! thanks for the recipe.