Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy Hands

Every night as we sit and watch tv I have to do something with my hands to keep them busy. That's actually how the jewelry making started. If my hands aren't busy, then I'm falling asleep or looking for something to eat.


Lately a lot of what I've been doing is crochet. But nothing with any purpose, just practicing various stitches, trying out new ideas and such. Last night I made something that well I don't really know what to do with it but I absolutely love it.


I made a doily!


(ignore the cat hair in the picture)
It's not very big, maybe 6 inches across, and it took FOREVER. I kept unraveling it and starting over, recounting stitches, trying different number of chains and such. When it was done I didn't know what to do with it.....except to make another




I guess I could make a bunch of them in different colors and call them coasters for my upcoming show.

No comments: