Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Fantastic weekend!

I mentioned that hubbs and I are huge geeks right?

This past weekend we went to a Star Trek convention! *pause for laughter* It was so much fun. We haven't been in a few years. I missed the experience so much.

We got a lot of autographs, saw some of our favorite actors, and spent time with some friends. Unfortunately the weekend went by way too quickly.

Here's the centerpiece I made for the Gold Dessert Party.

(sorry for the crappy picture)Aren't they cute! They're cupcakes with Borg faces! I made them myself out of gumpaste. Here are some close ups of some of the faces.



I really love going to the conventions. Asside from the chance to get some autographs, meet the actors, hear what they have to say about their time on the show, the best part of the weekend is connecting with friends. You can't help but make friends at these conventions.

One of the best things about the conventions is the fans. It's truly a place where it doesn't matter who you are, what your religion is, what color your skin is, where you are from, how much money you make....we're all there for one thing, because we're all trekkies. It's really an amazing experience.

I'll make another post later with all the autographs that we got

(pics from the convention are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hearttohearts/)

2 comments:

Melody said...

Haha, awesome, love the cupcakes. I'm not quite obsessed enough to go to a convention, but I do love Star Trek.

Sarah B. said...

How fun! No shame in being a trekkie :). And your cupcakes turned out FABULOUS!