Friday, August 20, 2010

I gave in...

I mentioned in yesterday's post how much I wanted to get into metal stamping. Well....



I've been drooling over them for a while but I finally gave in and bought the starter stamp set! It's the alphabet and the numbers. Don't t hey look pretty? I can't wait to get them. I already have a hammer, and some blank discs, and I have a steel block on the way (thanks again ShoelessJane). I can't wait to get whacking! So many ideas are swirling around in my brain. I've seen so many more beautiful stamps that I would love to get, like some of these from BenchMarks






Or some of these cool stamps from theurbanbeader







They're all so cool! But I'm going to have to wait until I make several more sales in my shop before I buy any more stamps

4 comments:

Bursts of Bubbles said...

I'm so curious to see how these are used as I'm used to rubber stamping but haven't come across metal

Valerie said...

Oh how fun! I was hooked for a while when I started stamping. Helpful hint: Invest in a rubber bench block and it will dull the sound a wee bit and vibrate less over whatever surface you are using.
Have a blast!

Hearttohearts said...

Thanks fo the tip Valerie

Ryan said...

These look great, have fun!