Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I promised....

...some Halloween Jewelry, and here it is! I know it's way early, but I can't help it! It's my favorite time of the year. I can't wait for fall to come with the cooler temperatures, hot cider, leaves changing colors, and comfy comfy hoodies.


Ok, this isn't really jewelry, but it's in the Halloween theme. I normally hate spiders but how cute is this guy



This necklace is very dainty and simple, but I think it's my favorite...the VAMPIRE BITE NECKLACE. It's a thin silver chain with two deep red Czech glass beads on the side. I will be wearing one just like this myself this Halloween.




These next items were something new to me. It was my first time working with and baking clay. I don't know why but I've always been afraid to bake clay. I guess I've been afraid of overcooking it, or not cooking it enough. But I like how these came out.


The first set I made is in the theme of dripping blood made from dark red clay.


A bracelet:


Both pictures are the same bracelet, I wanted to show how it's flexible and will conform to your wrist

Necklace:

This was surprisingly tricky. I drew by hand several stencils for the drippy blood but some of them were way to big for a necklace, and some of them were way too small. Once I got the size of it right, my next challenge was to figure out how to make it curve. I didn't have anything round that I could safely put in the oven. So when the clay came out, I immediately put it over a round bottle (did you know that clay right out of the oven is really hot?)

and a different version of the necklace:

Once I get a model (hopefully tonight) these will be going in the shop

3 comments:

facingthelens said...

That spider is AWESOME.

Amber Rose said...

So cool :) I love halloween!

Sarah B. said...

I think the clay turned out awesome! Yay for Halloween... bring on the candy :)