Saturday, September 11, 2010

Earring Box

I solved a small problem today. What to do with all those earrings until their bought, or in betwen craft shows. I'd been thinking about this for a while. I wanted to store them in a way that I could just throw in the car and take to shows, and then store them neatly at home so they were out of the way. This is what I came up with.

It turned out to be pretty simple. I bought a bunch of these plastic shoe boxes at Walmart a while ago, for like $.5o I think. Well I took one, drilled a few small holes through the sides, fed some thick wire through and hung the earrings. The wires are low enough that I can still easily put the lid on. And I can just take the box, put it on a shelf in the closet, or put it in the car and go. I love it! Here's what it looked like before all the earrings were in it.