Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Pendant

I've been workin on this new pendant for a while, and guess what.....it's not made of clay haha.

This has actually been one of the trickiest things I've ever made with wire. I spent a lot of time first drawing out the design, figuring out a way to fit in the swirls and what to do in the center of it. Then forming the wire to match the drawing. Making the frame was quite frustrating. Keeping everything symetrical is not one of my strong points.


I wanted to do something different with gemstones. I was originally thinking of putting lots of tiny beads in all different collors all over the pendant, but as it came together there was so much going on in it already that I think just the one bead in the center was perfect. And don't you just love that shade of blue?

3 comments:

nox said...

That is *so* gorgeous.

Hearttohearts said...

Thank you so much :)

Jay said...

Beautiful piece of jewelry. Its a wonderful creation. Wire frame makes necklace in beauty.
Wholesale Jewelry Boston