Friday, October 15, 2010

An Etsy Experiment

This week I started an experiment with my shop. Since I have a TON of new items to list I wanted to try to figure out the best way to do it. I know that I wanted to list items little by little every day, to keep myself at the top of the searches, instead of just listing a ton of things all at once. So, I went into my google analytics, and found out what time of day my shop was getting the most views. Turns out I get the most views between 1pm and 3pm, with the peak being 3pm. So I'll be listing three items a day, one at 1:00, one at 2:00, and one at 3:00. Lets see if this makes a difference

4 comments:

Keith said...

I look forward to reading how your experiment turns out. One question - what were your general listing times before? I guess I'm wondering if you were doing more listing around those times anyway without noticing and thus it was driving the views to begin with?

Hearttohearts said...

Keith, before I would usually post new items, or renew items first thing in the morning. So this is definately a change

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Now, that is a really good idea. I also wondered which time would be best to list - I'm off to look at my analytics now.

Good luck and many thanks for the tip.

Kristin :)

Bridget said...

great idea, can't wait to hear how it goes.
http://bdorsa.blogspot.com/

http://elvisleesweetboy.blogspot.com/