Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Celesital bodies

I've been playing with the sun and moon theme recently. At first it was the crescent moon shape, which actally turned out to be much more difficult than I thought it would. I tried using different pens, markers, nail polishes, anything round as a mandril to get the curves just right. Finally I ended up shaping everything completely by hand in a very, very long process.
To make the sun, I thought the gold wire I had sitting around would be perfect. As well as the beautiful yellow citrine briolettes that I don't use very often. 

And the combination of the two


This one was difficult because I used a thicker gauge of wire. The whole thing, except for the wrapping was made with just one piece of wire.


No comments: